Monday 7 November 2011

Evaluation of Digipak

After having the feedback , I found that a few improvements were needed for my Digipak and Poster in order for me to get the grade I wanted.

The first thing I have to do it to change the layout of the current Digipak as it doesn't look like a conventional Digipak that you would normally see. What I have created for my draft looks more like inserts for a CD cover. For my final Digipak, I have decided that it will have six panels altogether, three inside and three outside. Another decision I have made after having the feedback is that I am going to be keeping the whole Digipak City focused. I think it works and looks better instead of incorporating both the country and the city into it.

The front cover of the Digipak doesn't need any dramatic changes, but from the feedback I found that instead of keeping the whole of the picture  black and white I should consider changing the colour of the London Underground to Red matching to the colour of the 'Colours' bit of the album name. This picture captures the very essence of the busy life of the city, I like the way that it shows the fast paced environment of the city even when its late at night, it shows that the city never sleeps.  Also on the back, I need to place the record and copyright information and also the barcode to make it look like a real Digpak as all of them have this on. In order to do this, I am going to have to make up a record company and also create the logo for it.

There a a few improvements that are needed on the back cover, for example with the colour of the text. The song 'Falling Leaves' is hard to see against contrast of the picture because of the blackness behind it. I am thinking of changing the colour of the text, but I have to think about keeping the colour scheme with the front. I could use white, but I think this will be unable to read because of the colour of the sky, it would just blend into it and make it hard to see.

I am going to be changing the inside pages completely, I don't think that it works together with the low contrast pictures of the city on the front and back. I think for the inside pages, I will be using images of the city, therefore really emphasising the main feature of the video which is the city although it features the country side aswell. I think that the city will just make it more interesting to look at, and I also think that it would catch people's attention more on the shelves at stores.

I am also looking at making a booklet to go inside of the digipak featuring the different images of London. Just like a gallery book to give the owner of the digipak more things to look at and to also really portray the concept and dull emotions of the city the we're trying to portray in the video.


1 comment: