Wednesday 9 November 2011

Evaluation Of Poster

After having feedback, I found that two out of three of the posters did not connect with the rest of the Digipak. Even though one of them featured a classic London bus and the other having a close up of country leaves relating to the whole Country Vs City concept, I think it would be more effective for my final poster, that I choose to use the picture of the London Underground sign in Picadilly. By using this particular picture, it will relate and connect with the front cover of the Digipak and also make it easier for the audiences to recognise who the poster belongs to, creating a sort of branding for the band.

I am going to be keeping this particular picture, but I am going to be changing some elements of it. The first change I am going to make is with the colour of the 'Colours' bit in the title of the album, I am going to be changing this to the colour red as it is on the Digipak. For the picture, I think I am going to be converting it to Black & White, this will make it more alike with the front cover of the digipak and easier for the audiences to realise who the poster belongs to. Another change I will be making is the colour of the London Underground sign, I am going to be keeping the original colour of it which was red, and coincidentally this will match the colour of the 'Colours' bit of the album and creating a much warmer feel to the entire poster by just adding one colour. The release date of the album is almost invisible as the colour of it was black, it blends seamlessly into the high contrast of blackness of the picture therefore making it hard for the audiences to know when the album comes out which is bad for the band's album sales. Lastly, I need to add the record company's details to establish who is responsible for them. This is seen on most artist's posters and makes it look more professional and established that they have got an actual record company sponsoring them.


No comments:

Post a Comment