Wednesday 2 November 2011

Re-thinking the style of my digipak.



The idea of mixing the city and country by layering and cutting photographs on top of each other has not worked out as well as I had hoped so I going to look into using a different approach.


I have thought about the effectiveness of the folding out sections of the digipak and realised that they have to follow to look effective.

 So I am thinking about creating a panoramic photograph that incorporates the city and country in a mixed skyline/ landscape image.




For the front cover I am going to look into have a simple but effective image that will be eye-catching that shows the concept of city vs country better than the layered photo of my draft.

2 comments:

  1. Miss has emailed me to say you wont be in class tomorrow. That is fine but I desperately need to see the full version of your video. Can you try and find some way to export it.

    At the minute the small amount I have seen, whilst framed well and matched in most places to the beat, just doesn't work without someone singing and would be awarded a low level 2 (E). Also lyrically the song is about a boozy night out in London and finding photos on your phone from the night out. Perhaps have the singer find photos of Katy on his phone, that will enable you to have as much footage of her wandering around and horse riding as you currently do.

    Mrs Abrahamson and I cannot help you unless we see the complete thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the above digipaks are definitely heading in the right direction. The panoramas are really effective and the layering of london castle, credit suisse and the leaves (maybe ditch the colour though) is a lot better and a compelling image. Well done.

    ReplyDelete