Tuesday 15 November 2011

Improvements made to my final digipak and poster.

For my final digipak I changed the style and layout from the CD pull-out leaflet that I made for the draft. I completely changed the style of the front cover as the main comment was that it did not reflect the concept enough. I decided to do a more art-like front artwork with a bright colourful countryside section that was dominated by the darker, underground city section. This is the original drawing before I edited it - I wanted the underground section to be darker and more threatening so it contrasted more with the soft colour of the countryside so I made the city section black and white to also link to the music video.

I used watercolour for the countryside to create a soft light colour and used a sponge for the tree to create a different texture to the grass and sky. I think it also gives it a simple almost childlike look which contrasts well with the harsh tones of the roots underground. I then scanned the image in and edited it in photoshop to create this final image. As well as editing the underground section I had to smooth the edge between the underground and countryside section to make it look like it was part of the same image.


I then added the text and enhance the effects so that it could be easily read.

For my draft I had not created a record company logo for Red Rose Records so I had to create one that looked professional and unique. For this I used illustrator - I drew a simple outline of a rose which then coloured in on illustrator.
I then chose a joined script font that joined the letters together which created a more fleunt logo. I decided it looked better with all the words joined together because there are a lot of Rs in the company name. I then drew some leaves to add to the captial R to create the idea of a stem and placed the rose at the end. I chose a dark green for the text to contrast with the bright red of the rose and to link to the country theme.

I also changed the country photographs to include Katie as the main subject to give it more of an appeal and to show the concept better. I used the idea of Dear Photograph with a photograph with in a photograph.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment