Thursday 13 October 2011

Digipak Concept

I will be using the same concept for my Digipak as we did for our group music video, Country Vs. City. I want to carry on this concept because I thought that it would be more artistic and imaginative instead of just having an image of the band on the cover. I definitely admire the editing techniques used on Kings Of Leons 'Come Around Sundown' because it emphasises the beauty of nature with the colours of the sun faded out the picture.

For the front cover, I am thinking of incorporating the model we used for our music video. This inspiration came from Vampire Weekend's 'Contra', which featured a female model on the front cover and I think that this was very effective in attracting audiences to look at it even though the woman on the front had no relation to the band or their music. I am only going to be inspired by this cover, I will not be making a replica or copy of it for my band.

What I was actually thinking of doing is having a split screen on the cover, Country on one side and the City on the other. Then I want to have our model Katie shot from the back standing in the middle of the pictures, so it looks like she is in two different worlds. I will be keeping the City shot in black & white as this will emphasise the dull grey atmosphere of it and for the Country shot, I am going to take influences from the King's Of Leon 'Come Around Sundown' by editing the picture so it looks very hazy and less saturated.

No comments:

Post a Comment