Wednesday 12 October 2011

Practising edits for the digipak.

For my digipak mock-up I am thinking of using photography from our country and city locations to bring across the city vs country concept. So I have decided to experiment with the effects and enhancing techniques in photoshop.

I think the darker black and white shot is more effective because it's feels more threatening which will show the contrast with the lighter country shots.


Although I like the colour of this edit I think it is too bright to portray the big imposing city image that is part of our concept. 

I really like the effect on this edit however I think it is too abstract and would take the digipak away from the simple concept of nature. Also it makes the city look too appealing but it might fit our concept more if I make the colours darker.


I tried editing the colours to make the shadows and highlights darker but I still think it looks too abstract and bright. I also tried creating a black and white edit which would fit in better with the concept but I think it still doesn't look natural enough to fit next to the style of the country photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment