Wednesday 12 October 2011

Layering photos.

After creating different effects with the photographs from our locations, I decided to see what they would look like layered on top of each other with one layer opaque. I think this is a nice way of linking the photographs of the different locations and shows the city/country together. I created a border around the photos to make it look like a polaroid and used an earthy colour to bring out the photo of the trees. The photograph of the London Eye is slightly out of focus but I think it works well in this context.




I think the first one works better because the photograph of the trees in the background is more subtle which makes it look less crowded.than the second version. However I think the close-up shot of the London Eye and the skyscraper works better.


I might use this as the front cover for my digipak however I am going to have to play around with the font and layout of the lettering and find a font that looks more professional and unique to the band.


I got the idea of layering the photographs from the digipak for Parachute's album Losing Sleep.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment